Phlebotomy Technician in Louisville, KY
Phlebotomy Training in Louisville, KY
For those who want to work hands-on with patients and have a keen eye for detail, our phlebotomy test prep course is an excellent way to get started in the medical profession.
Healthcare Training of Kentucky prepares students to deliver high quality, direct patient care while performing vital phlebotomy techniques through small-group instruction by certified instructors.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will have met all of the requirements to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) test to become nationally certified.
- Hands-on labs with lecture
- 6 Weeks
TYPICAL COURSE DUTIES
- Venipuncture, or drawing blood, utilizing vacutainers, syringes and butterflies
- Patient preparation for blood draw or donation
- Confirm patient’s identity and properly label
CAREER PATHWAYS AFTER GETTING CERTIFIED
- Medical Lab Technician
- Dental Lab Technician
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
- National Healthcareer Association, Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Morning classes – 9:00am to 1:30pm
- Evening Classes – 5:30pm to 9:00pm
- Class meets 3 times per week. Specific days vary based on start date.
- Upon registration, a $150 deposit is required. The remaining $600 balance can be set up on a payment plan
- Not included: Scrubs of your choice, closed toe shoes and text/ workbooks (available online or at any retailer where textbooks are sold)